We look forward to your participation in the ASCIA 2018 conference, the 29th annual conference of the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA), at the National Convention Centre in Canberra.
The ASCIA 2018 Conference runs for 3 days, from Wednesday 5 to Friday 7 September 2018 and includes concurrent sessions for Nurses and Medical Associate ASCIA members on Friday 7 September.
The following events are being held in conjunction with the ASCIA 2018 conference:
- Centre for Food and Allergy Research (CFAR) Symposium 2018 on Tuesday 4 September
- ASCIA Autoimmunity Update on Saturday 8 September
- ASCIA GP Allergy Update on Saturday 8 September
- ASCIA-DAA Dietitians Course on Friday 7 and Saturday 8 September
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the following international speakers for their involvement in the conference:
- Prof Carlos Camargo (USA)
- Prof David Jayne (UK)
- Prof Antonella Muraro (Italy)
- Prof Marc Riedl (USA)
- Prof Jonathan Spergel (USA)
- Dr Gulbu Uzel (USA)
For further information about these speakers go to http://www.ascia2018.com/speakers.php
There are also more than 80 speakers and chairs from Australasia, and we expect over 500 registrations for this conference.
ASCIA annual conferences provide an international standard of continuing professional development and an opportunity to interact with colleagues working in these areas. ASCIA conferences are therefore a highlight of the year for ASCIA members and other health professionals with an interest in allergy and clinical immunology.
If you have time pre or post conference, visit https://visitcanberra.com.au/ for information on what to see and do in and around Canberra.
We look forward to your participation in this conference.
A/Prof Katrina Randall and Dr Elizabeth da Silva
ASCIA 2018 Co-Chairs
Dr William Smith
ASCIA 2018 Conference Organising Committee
- A/Prof Katrina Randall, Dr Elizabeth da Silva
- Dr Anthea Anantharajah, Dr Gary Chew, Prof Matthew Cook, Dr Carolyn Hawkins, Dr Raymond Mullins
- Nurses Day convenors - Narelle Duncan, Elise Field, Lucy McCabe, Anastasia Wilson
- GP Allergy Update convenor - Dr Raymond Mullins
- ASCIA 2018 Medical Associates Day convenors - Dr Nick Cooling, Dr Victoria Smith
- ASCIA-DAA Dietitians Course convenors - Ingrid Roche, Caroline Salisbury