Posters and Clinical Grand Rounds Oral Presentation
Abstracts are invited for
- ASCIA 2018 posters (displayed from Wednesday 5 to Friday 7 September 2018)
- ASCIA 2018 clinical grand rounds oral presentations (for advanced trainees only)
Abstracts must be submitted online by the closing date of Monday 23 July 2018. Acceptance of abstracts will be confirmed in August and they will be published online in the Internal Medicine Journal (IMJ) in September 2018.
Abstract submission details
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- Abstracts should be original work, not previously presented at another meeting.
- Abstracts should be around 250 words (but no longer than 300 words) and submitted in Microsoft Word format only, using the template provided on this web page.
- Abstract titles (in capitals) should be short and descriptive, with no abbreviations.
- Abstracts may contain tables, pictures, diagrams.
- Abstracts should NOT contain symbols such as Greek letters or arrows.
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar.
- Abstracts should contain the following headings: background, method, results and conclusion.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 12pm on Monday 23 July 2018 for consideration by the program committee. Authors will be notified of abstract acceptance by early August 2018.
- To be accepted, abstract authors must be registered for the Conference, by the early bird registration deadline of 12pm on Monday 23 July 2018.
Terms and Conditions
Submission of an abstract and ticking of the box in the abstract submission form indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in the ASCIA 2018 conference:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to ASCIA 2018
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation; if an author has more than one abstract accepted each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session.
- At least one author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The authors will immediately notify the ASCIA 2018 Secretariat if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author is changed.
- Abstracts will only be accepted if the author has registered for the ASCIA 2018 Conference.
- Poster rounds will be held on Wednesday 5 September (16.30-17.30) and the main author should be present with their poster at this time.
- Oral presentations of selected posters will be held on Friday 7 September (13.50-15.00) and authors of selected abstract will be advised in early August.
- Clinical Grand Rounds oral presentations will be held on Thursday 6 September (15.30-17.30). Some PID cases may be selected for oral presentations on Friday 7 September (07.45-08.45).
- Posters should be on flexible lightweight paper, cloth or board, no larger than A0 (841mmx1189mm), portrait orientation and include the purpose of the study, a brief statement of methods, summary of results and conclusion.
- Abstracts will not be selected without results being included.
- Standard abbreviations may be used but Greek symbols and arrows should not be included.
All enquiries regarding abstracts for ASCIA 2018 should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASCIA 2018 Conference awards and travel grants
A limited number of travel grants are awarded (during the conference) to delegates (advanced trainees, dietitians, nurses, students) who reside outside of the region and have submitted an abstract for a poster and/or clinical grand round presentation.
Awards of $1,000 each for selected posters and clinical grand round presentations will be presented at the end of the conference. After the conference these are listed on the ASCIA website: